Step 1 - Stop your server
Stop your server in the control panel of your GSP. Not doing this step sometimes causes issues when installing.
Step 2 - Installing Sourcemod (and MetaMod:Source)
Please see instructions here for the latest sourcemod installation. Some hosting services, like Nuclear Fallout (NFO), may provide an auto installer. Check your control panel.
Step 3 - Installing extensions
ProMod relies on extensions from other developers:
Step 4 - Installing ProMod
The latest build of ProMod can be found here. Merge these folders into your server's left4dead2/ folder.
Step 5 - Start your server
sm_forcematch promod. Then, once the map changes, type
sm plugins list. If you see upwards of 50 plugins, ProMod has loaded successfully.
The first thing to do when plugins fail to work is to read your error logs. They are stored in
left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_YYYYMMDD.log. If you reach out to someone for help, providing this error log is a good place to start.
- If commands (like !forcestart or !forcematch) aren't working, you may need to configure admins. See here for more details.
- If you are finding throwables, map distances are incorrect issues, or tanks are spawning in weird places, you likely have an issue with your mapinfo.txt. Ensure that the file is present at
left4dead2/cfg/cfgogl/promod/, and not some other location like
- If you would like to load other configs into your !match menu, modify your
- If you have sound bugs, or invisible teammates, remove the SMAC wallhack plugin.
- If you have any other issues, before reaching out for help, please ensure that your ProMod installation is the latest one. Many issues that were present in older versions have already been fixed.