Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - ProdigySim

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74
Left 4 Dead 3 / Re: What happened to Left 4 Dead 3?
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:12:53 pm »
Unreal Engine would have been sweet.

Both teams are now also able to see the EXACT location you must touch to spawn the Tank, shown with the transparent barrier usually used in scavenge maps.
Um, yeah, that's sick as fuck dude!

Is that auto-generated based on the flow % or do you set it up manually as well?

Feedback & Suggestions / Longtime downtime
« on: October 16, 2018, 01:38:08 am »
Sorry about the long-ass downtime y'all.

The billing info I gave to our hosting provider expired and they shut down our account while I was out of town. I was able to get things reinstated last week by contacting them.

Then the system I normally use to admin the site went kaput (SSD is read-only :shrug:). So, perfect storm of not being able to take care of stuff easily. I got a new setup going for working on the site and it's now back up. Yay!

Now we've got about a month before L4D1's 10 year anniversary. Who is coming to the reunion?

Hackers & Cheaters / Re: [L4D2] Is that Hack?
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:49:06 am »
I don't think there's any fireaxe hacks do you have other footage?

Mostly looked laggy to me after rewatching it a few times. Player makes some choices like shooting further away common that don't jive with aimbot.

Also, hard to tell with the lag, but the bullet usage doesn't seem very efficient.

I think this is not enough evidence.

Left 4 Dead 2 / Re: Lets talk about glows!
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:39:38 am »
I play without glows, just make it Realism.

There are still glows in realism for the infected.

and having a standard set of glows enforced by the server?
Interesting idea. You could still allow customization even if they're server-side. I think survivor-health glows can be improved on in various ways; so if you can actually set glows from serverside it might be neat to try innovating there a bit.

Servers & Adminning / Re: Stripper problem
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:03:24 am »
It's been a while since I've looked at these, but iirc the Director will spawn pills and such on other entities based on RNG.

You may have to also remove "weapon_item_spawn" entities, or do you entity removal via script/plugin instead.

Here's a promod plugin that removes all extra items from saferooms:

In the original confogl, we waited for 0.3s after round start before changing/removing entities:

General / Re: New rumors
« on: February 11, 2018, 03:20:18 pm »
Visor makes the rumors though.

General / Re: New rumors
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:46:44 pm »
I tried to check  that facebook page on the wayback machine, but it just archived a CAPTCHA page.

Videos & Media / Re: L4D2 Speedrunners on AGDQ today
« on: January 16, 2018, 12:21:35 pm »
You're a good player too Bravo

Videos & Media / Re: L4D2 Speedrunners on AGDQ today
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:16 pm »
Okay my estimate was off. It will probably be on in <30 minutes now. They're doing an interview or something first.

Videos & Media / L4D2 Speedrunners on AGDQ today
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:16 pm »

They'll be on after Metroid 3: Corruption, Super Mario 3D world, and HL: Opposing Force. So probably a couple hours after this post.

Mr. Deagle, Master, Burhac, MrFailzzz

These guys have the WR

I've tried to do some of the "fortnite challenges" against them. They're all pretty good. Not just at speedrun glitches, but bhops and all else. Should be a good watch!

Offtopic / Re: keyboard recommendations
« on: October 11, 2017, 02:47:48 am »
+1 for the CM Storm Quickfires... also good and relatively cheap as far as mechanicals go. I'm using one right now.

I just took the $30-60 pretty literally in my reccomendation.

Edit: I can't find the CM Storm Quickfires for sale new anywhere... Looks like they're all used or very expensive now.

Offtopic / Re: keyboard recommendations
« on: October 05, 2017, 12:45:02 pm »
I'll play you rock paper scissors for my spare tenkeyless w/ reds. or just get this

Hackers & Cheaters / Re: How is that legit kill?
« on: August 25, 2017, 04:37:55 pm »
So, very very roughly it's 95% chance that he is cheating and 5% chance that it was legit kill or something along this lines?
It's been a while since I studied probability but I don't think that's how it works.

I could go into more detail on why, but I think I would mostly just be jerking myself off.

Suffice it to say: There was a 5% chance of that player clearing the hunter in under one clip, and a 95% chance he would have to take more shots.

P(hacking) and P(hunter dies in less than one clip) are independent events.

Edit: Getting struck by lightning is also rare (.007% chance or so). That doesn't mean that when lightning does strike someone, it's natural .007% of the time and 99.993% of the time God deciding to smite you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74
A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.