Author Topic: jay's 200% non-toxic reflux tournament brackets  (Read 2935 times)

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
jay's 200% non-toxic reflux tournament brackets
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:58:09 pm »
Brackets are live!
Please add the opposing captains to start scheduling your friday matches. All players must record demos and agree to matches being streamed. Warrooms are appreciated but not required.

A full list of rules can be found here. The previous ruleset that was utilized for this is no longer accessible so I am recycling what i found on the forums here. Obviously I ask that everyone play and conduct themselves with common sense and use these rules as a guideline until I can compile my own. For the most part refer to them but everything I am writing below (including the map pool and map selection) should supersede that. I apologize in advance for any confusion that may arise but I'm confident that the player base that signed up can play these matches without incident.

Important, this tournament will not have set maps. As I did before when i ran this, there will be map vetoing. For those unfamiliar with the process I will give an example.

The purpose of this thread is to help people better understand how maps will be picked, and give feedback on which maps they would like to see. For the time being, the pool will continue to contain Dead Air, Death Toll, Dead Center, Hard Rain, Swamp Fever, Dark Carnival and Parish.
Here is an example of the map selection process

team a wins coinflip and differs
team b eliminates dead center
team a eliminates dead air
team b eliminates dark carnival
team a eliminates swamp fever
team b eliminates death toll
team a eliminates hard rain
the only map remaining is parish, so that is the map for that match

The map pool will contain all of the following:

Dead Air
Dead Center
Death Toll
Parish
Dark Carnival
Hard Rain
Swamp Fever

Round 1 matches will occur on Friday
Round 2 matches will occur on Saturday
The final round match (Round 3) will occur on Sunday

Ringers are allowed but players competing or eliminated from other teams may not ring under any circumstances. Trying to be lax w/ ringers but the one thing we dont need to see is team hopping.

If anyone needs anything feel free to add me. In the future I hope to find someone to replace fig who ran this with me in the past but for now I will handle all disputes and do as many casts as I can for this. Please post match times ASAP on here. All information relating to casts will also be posted here. Thanks and Good Luck Everyone!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:03:15 am by sinclair »

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
Re: jay's 200% non-toxic reflux tournament brackets
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 06:36:41 pm »
DeadSec > Longshots (FFW)

He went offline before I could ask him about another solution.
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

dawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 10:36:33 pm »
Jebaited > Sad boys

Nib

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »
Toxicity > Conspiracy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:51:09 pm by Nib »

presto

• video games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »
21g vs florida tomorrow @ noon est
sorry literally nothing else worked

ap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:36:00 pm »
team florida > 21g

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 10:20:02 pm »
DeadSec > Toxicity

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:22:39 pm by Rails »
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

ap

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 12:25:28 am »
team florida > jebaited

ap

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 10:13:39 pm »
team florida > deadsec

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 10:17:07 pm »
congratulations team florida. per sir's new config he released there will be another event this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions and such so far guys, thinking over some of them as well as discussing topics a bit further on steam has definitely sparked up a few ideas and tweaks that I will likely add :)

I've noticed that some of you are solely focusing on the spin-off config, while others tend to make slightly confusing posts as they appear to add suggestions for Zonemod itself and the spin-off without indication as to which you'd like to see where.
At the moment I've been working on just Zonemod as that'll be the base layer for the "L4D1-ish" styled config, feel free to share your opinion on what I've got planned for Zonemod v1.2:

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 08:31:09 pm »
Here is a playlist i made containing all of the matches i streamed for this. Noticeably missing is Florida vs 21g, streamed by yams. i'll see if i can find that and post it here but i dont think it will be on youtube

ap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:32 pm »

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.