Author Topic: Acemod V4  (Read 37031 times)

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
Re: Acemod V4
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 09:51:10 am »
Dude, let's put a hittable white van in the center of the park area next to the tree where the survivors hold out! Could you imagine the pandemonium that would cause?
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 09:53:23 am »
The Mayhem!!!

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 09:58:36 am »
Dude, let's put a hittable white van in the center of the park area next to the tree where the survivors hold out! Could you imagine the pandemonium that would cause?
The Mayhem!!!
If we want true mayhem, we should introduced Dark Carnival map 1's Midnight Rider bus as a hittable in the park.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2016, 10:12:54 am »
Fun Fact: Semi truck trailers can be made to be hittable.

Fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 01:08:21 pm »
Tbh I rly didnt like this fix on parish 2 with blocking the way back and opened trailer door. The fact is, one of my favourite features in acemod, after new bonus system, are finite events. It gave teams tactical variety. For example: 2nd map parish(as we are talking about it). You could go classic rush through the event, you could stay in the trailer, could go back and there were several places to take the event. And any of these tactics couldnt garantee you wont eat damage. Using any of it still required teamplay, brainplay, skill and yes, good health. But it was great variety of tactics. You could surprise your opponents and get profit of playing tactical. And now imo its a serious step back to the cliche gaming. Where everyone uses 1 or 2 standart tactics, everything is typical and predictable. Besides, this new object in the corridor is a free damage hit for charge+spit combo. I would be glad to see this new object completely removed xD
Also not sure that playing with damage, recoil, reloading speed and other weapons stats like this is a good idea, cuz it can easily break balance and make a device overpowered and preferable over the other weapons. Actually, I think everyone is satisfied with default silencer and chrome and noone likes uzi and pump, so I'll just suggest the way to "fix" t1 weapons for competitive configs once and for all - simply remove uzi and pump from acemod and leave smg and chrome with standart stats.
Anyway, thank you Visor for not leaving Acemod and keeping supporting it!

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 02:21:32 pm »
Great update. Thank you!

• Survivors will now take a maximum of 30 fall damage if they are pounced or jockeyed while on the No Mercy 3 sewer ladder
    Because balance is balance.
This is cool. Can you do this on Detour Ahead 4 too?

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 03:22:16 pm »
Good job Visor, keep the updates coming.

Bravo

• Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 06:47:49 pm »
I didn't really read all the responses but here is my 2 cents.

Reason for adding the prop:  I am going to assume that you think its overpowered to take event in the saferoom, in which I can only say that getting back to the saferoom alone gives the si two hits in reasonable choke points and the same spots coming back after event is finished not to mention if they are able to get minimum chip while survivors are in the saferoom.  Doesn't seem op to me.  Seems like you're adding things just to add things.

Moscow

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2016, 09:43:32 pm »
death laser smg

So can I have an auto shotgun yet?

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2016, 09:56:56 pm »
please nerf the lightning gun

zk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2016, 10:31:17 pm »
Just updated my sv but I can no longer see tank/witch spawns with the !boss command in chat, is the new Acemod like this or just an error? (excuse my bad english)

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2016, 10:59:09 pm »
Great update. Thank you!
This is cool. Can you do this on Detour Ahead 4 too?

I made the plugin kinda lazily because it worked for no mercy, seeing as the ladder is the only place you could take more than 30 fall damage while capped. https://github.com/jacob404/promod-future/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/nm3_ladder_damage.sp

If you wanted to make it work universally you could probably get some kinda net prop for if a survivor is climbing, then just enable it on every map.

Chosen

• The Chosen One
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2016, 11:13:35 pm »
make left 4 dead great again? Is that the joke of the year?
"The" Chosen One

Artifacial

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2016, 04:26:39 am »
I made the plugin kinda lazily because it worked for no mercy, seeing as the ladder is the only place you could take more than 30 fall damage while capped. https://github.com/jacob404/promod-future/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/nm3_ladder_damage.sp

If you wanted to make it work universally you could probably get some kinda net prop for if a survivor is climbing, then just enable it on every map.

https://github.com/jacob404/promod-future/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/nm3_ladder_damage.sp#L69
While nitpicky, you might want to get in to the habit of writing your code in such a way as to minimise redundancy. If g_bIsSewers is false, then everything else within that function is unnecessary.

https://github.com/jacob404/promod-future/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/nm3_ladder_damage.sp#L46
Again, nitpicky, but you could just as easily write it as:
Code: [Select]
g_bIsSewers = StrEqual(mapname, "c8m3_sewers");

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2016, 05:15:38 am »
Just updated my sv but I can no longer see tank/witch spawns with the !boss command in chat, is the new Acemod like this or just an error? (excuse my bad english)
I forgot to include l4d_boss_percent.smx in the shared_plugins.cfg file. Feel free to add it manually.
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.