Author Topic: Acemod V4  (Read 37029 times)

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Acemod V4
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 07:29:22 am »
I'd wager that you're going to find people are not enjoying this update on parish, I'm fairly certain that any tank during the event is now going to be an autowipe.
If that happens to be the case(which I believe it shouldn't), a hotfix just in time for the cup will remove all the hittables from the area to go a little easier on the survivors. Otherwise, that area is perfect for all kinds of spawns from all directions, and the place itself can really emphasize superior survivor awareness(or lack thereof).
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

Pariah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 07:32:47 am »
If that happens to be the case(which I believe it shouldn't), a hotfix just in time for the cup will remove all the hittables from the area to go a little easier on the survivors. Otherwise, that area is perfect for all kinds of spawns from all directions, and the place itself can really emphasize superior survivor awareness(or lack thereof).

The hittables are fine and the variety of spawns is also fine, the issue is that the common come from every single direction and at a rate far higher than in any other event in any other area, It will be an autowipe trying to take that horde under the bridge and a certain rape trying to take it in the trailer. Teams at the higher end of the spectrum will survive but they won't look pretty, imagine hib without makeup.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 07:38:40 am »
I believe you're exaggerating. Give it a shot against poochie, if she loses I'll know there's definitely something wrong with the config(maybe the server too).
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

Pariah

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 07:45:20 am »
Don't take my word for it just spectate a few mixes/pugs/scrims instead of spending your day glued to grindr

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 08:26:25 am »
Yeah, to me it seemed like a common spot for teams to take that event was right before the alley which is now blocked outside (teams could still get damage on them if the SI was good, but conversely the survivors could also realistically take the event well if they could both focus common and then focus SI, it was a fair spot). Now, they're going to be forced to either sit in the trailer and die or push forward, and if there's an event tank it's going to look pretty brutal since they'll be forced to fight it in only about one area if they hold out the horde or they'll have to do what people did on Promod and push forward, except the Acemod horde doesn't stop so that'll be almost a guaranteed wipe. Even if they could take the horde back to just before the alley (not to the bathrooms or saferoom or open field outside the hedge maze) I think that might be superior to forcing the survivors into one area. I'm only evidencing this off the current metagame I've observed from playing both NA and EU scrims, I don't think it was broken enough to warrant a change like this. Also: that block is going to open up a new (extremely close) spawn on the alley hit before it falls over, when I don't think that hit needed any alteration.
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:51 am »
Nothing is set in stone. We'll see how it goes.

Friday.

• ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 08:32:33 am »
wouldn't the most clearly logical solution be to just remove horde once the tank spawns and then continue it on if the tank is killed? lol

-Keep the door opening so players can run back and
-Keep the prop blocking so that it lasts forever... Meaning that the supposed event tank can't be spawned and run back to the field and possibly ai'd...
-plus if theres no tank on the event its fairly impractical for 99% of teams to go that far back (beyond the alley), if back at all. The only team I've seen successfully run back and kill the entire horde + the 4-5 si attacks while actually taking less damage than running forward like previous meta was Serenity, which is essentially the best team in the world at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 08:40:42 am by Friday. »

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 08:39:01 am »
Guys I'm sure visor appreciates the feedback and you've all made your points, but just play on it for a few days and see how it works out! It's really hard to know what kind of tweaks need to be made if you don't get to see your ideas played out.

Anyways awesome update, glad that we were able to merge some ideas.

Pariah

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 08:43:38 am »
I don't have any qualms with his work as a config dev, but this is a change of the metagame that wasn't called for by anyone that is being undertaken by an inactive player. The other changes are all fine in general, but this one just isn't in tune with how people feel about that map. I'd say that the balance was at a good point after the change to allow survivors to run back.

Roll on c5m2_graveyard..

Jacob

• View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 08:57:35 am »
I understand that but I'm just saying your thoughts were heard and it's not like he can come up with another solution in the next 12 hours, nor is it a good idea to push out a change that quick (even if it's literally just removing the change he made). Give it a couple days and then give him some more feedback based on how it played.

I'm not sure if everyone runs the horde back and sits in saferoom right now, but the fact a team was able to do that and it could be the meta (or even just a thing people do occasionally) 3 months from now is not a good thing. It's better to just prevent stuff like that before it even gets going. How I've perceived this is people prefer taking the event at that area through the alley but before the park, with the little tent, is that correct? If so I talked to visor about a different solution, but I don't think enabling survivors to run the entire map back is the right choice.

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 09:07:58 am »
Balance adjustments
  • SMG spread increase when moving reduced from 3x to 1.65 and 1.75 (uzi / silenced)
    Coupled with the faster reload speed, turns SMGs into the new monsters, finally being able to rival shotguns.
  • SMG spread increase per shot reduced from .32 / .40 to .20 / .26 (uzi / silenced)
    Ditto.

I'm sorry Jacob. I don't think I can be (the only one left) playing Promod.

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 09:10:28 am »
I'm not sure if everyone runs the horde back and sits in saferoom right now, but the fact a team was able to do that and it could be the meta (or even just a thing people do occasionally) 3 months from now is not a good thing. It's better to just prevent stuff like that before it even gets going. How I've perceived this is people prefer taking the event at that area through the alley but before the park, with the little tent, is that correct?

Again, just from seeing and playing in a lot of matches/scrims/mixes, the saferoom thing is High Risk High Reward (TM Hib 2011-2016) due to the fact the team doing that is taking the map twice, plus also has to get all the way back to the saferoom. For the hell of it, my team did it last night in a scrim (whereas we usually hold it out in the second area you mentioned with the little tent) and we took a boatload of damage on the way back and then were forced to take the entire map again, which gave the team we were playing against more chances to hit us. It's done so infrequently that I don't think it should even be on anyone's radar as a reason for changing anything. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's a top RU strat that's done a lot, but in NA it almost never happens and when it does there's a high percentage of damage.
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

Jacob

• View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:02 am »
I'm sorry Jacob. I don't think I can be (the only one left) playing Promod.

It's ok I fully support this update, viva la acemod.

Again, just from seeing and playing in a lot of matches/scrims/mixes, the saferoom thing is High Risk High Reward (TM Hib 2011-2016) due to the fact the team doing that is taking the map twice, plus also has to get all the way back to the saferoom. For the hell of it, my team did it last night in a scrim (whereas we usually hold it out in the second area you mentioned with the little tent) and we took a boatload of damage on the way back and then were forced to take the entire map again, which gave the team we were playing against more chances to hit us. It's done so infrequently that I don't think it should even be on anyone's radar as a reason for changing anything. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's a top RU strat that's done a lot, but in NA it almost never happens and when it does there's a high percentage of damage.

Yea I understand that may be the case, but all it takes is 1 team that can consistently do it right and it is no fun zone. It's not like the map is hard at all to retake, the park is wide open. If people are just concerned about not being able to take the event at that tent area then don't worry Visor is already thinking about different solutions, his intention wasn't to cripple survivors but to prevent cheesy stuff like running to saferoom or people AI'ing tanks by running to park.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 09:30:26 am »
Maybe you should make the park harder for survivors :^)

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 09:36:50 am »
Maybe you should make the park harder for survivors :^)
Yeah. We should like... add hedges and stuff(again).

Why can't I thank posts in the news section?

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.