Author Topic: BOT: Upper Bracket Comments  (Read 3774 times)

K3pooch

• View Profile
BOT: Upper Bracket Comments
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:53:33 pm »
Just putting it out there that the way the bracket is set up now, teams that lose in round 2 (Death Toll) from winners will drop down to losers and play Death Toll immediately again in losers round 2. And teams that Lose in Winner's Semis will play Detour Ahead twice in a row too. Not sure if that's intentional, but you could avoid the repeat maps by switching losers round 1 and 2 maps, as well as switching losers round 3 and 4. Then you line up the matches by week played and not by round number.

Pariah

• View Profile
Re: BOT: Upper Bracket Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:06:42 pm »
For those of you also interested, here were the final standings after all matches were accounted for: http://hotmess.online/bot/standing.html

Those aren't updated to the latest week, still just showing the standings prior to week 7.

E - ok it updated itself after my post
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:08:17 pm by Pariah »

estoopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:20:31 pm »
Undead zone haha awesome

ProdigySim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:30:10 pm »
Just putting it out there that the way the bracket is set up now, teams that lose in round 2 (Death Toll) from winners will drop down to losers and play Death Toll immediately again in losers round 2. And teams that Lose in Winner's Semis will play Detour Ahead twice in a row too. Not sure if that's intentional, but you could avoid the repeat maps by switching losers round 1 and 2 maps, as well as switching losers round 3 and 4. Then you line up the matches by week played and not by round number.

I'm thinking it's intentional--if you lose Death Toll against one team, you have to lose it to another team to be knocked out.

I kind of like it. But it does favor the winners-bracket team.

Undead zone haha awesome
BRB throwing round 1 :D

aopk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 01:56:00 am »
Dark Parish is a terrible pick for the finals, go watch the eq cup 2 or 3 finals and tell me that the most anticipated match was good on dark parish. Terrible for the viewers imo.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:58:35 am by aopk »

dec

• NV-DEC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 03:22:44 am »
Dark Parish is a terrible pick for the finals, go watch the eq cup 2 or 3 finals and tell me that the most anticipated match was good on dark parish. Terrible for the viewers imo.

i can confirm

supra

• Banned!
  • The world would be better off without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 04:28:48 am »

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 05:09:44 am »
In all honesty, the Admins and myself didn't even see that.  We may have to do just that in order to line up the map for each week.  Thank you kind sir.

@Dark Parish comments
We will look into changing it.  Personally I liked Dark Parish, but seeing as how you guys are already harping on it, we will look to change it later in the day.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 05:41:46 am »
Dark Parish is hard to watch on stream, the map is too... dark.

Kekkeri

• My name is Kekkeri!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 01:52:10 pm »
if i would play in this top 16 i would loose and play those custom map games instead :D
Arena of the Dead 2... my god. Even Open road sounds better for most of the players.

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 02:05:31 pm »
does this bracket imply 2 (4 if home/away) games would be played on Dark Parish in the event of a bracket reset?  I don't think anyone wants to see 2 (potentially 4) games on Dark Parish or any map, I'd personally suggest you give the upper bracket advantaged team a counterpick map instead if they were to lose the first game.

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 02:46:17 pm »
Dark Parish is hard to watch on stream, the map is too... dark.
True, true.  We will look for a substitute map.

does this bracket imply 2 (4 if home/away) games would be played on Dark Parish in the event of a bracket reset?  I don't think anyone wants to see 2 (potentially 4) games on Dark Parish or any map, I'd personally suggest you give the upper bracket advantaged team a counterpick map instead if they were to lose the first game.
Basically, when the two teams first meet in the Grand-Finals, the team coming from the Upper Bracket will have a 1 'Match' advantage.  Think of it as a BO3 basically.  So if the Upper Bracket Winners win 1 match, it's over.  The Lower Bracket team has to win 2 Matches.

The first match is to be played on Dark Parish (up for change), if the Lower Brackets Winner wins, then the Upper Bracket Winner gets to pick the next map, which would be the 3rd match in the BO3.  With Home/Away, each match could be 2 games obviously, so could be up to 4 games, but on two different maps.  There is also no map restriction for that final map pick from the Upper Bracket Winner (inb4 DK).

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 04:02:09 pm »
There is also no map restriction for that final map pick from the Upper Bracket Winner (inb4 DK).

i think you meant inb4 back 2 school

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.