Author Topic: Acemod V3  (Read 23314 times)

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Acemod V3
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 05:27:38 am »
I was reluctant to add that because the author of that plugin(not jacob) was the one responsible for the disaster that promod 4.5 turned out to be. Also I was the first one who used it in the beta version of EQ3, and there was one bug that would randomly grant chargers speedforce abilities and turn them into "the flash" chargers. Such a charger is able to kill a green survivor in less than 3 seconds because its pounding animation is roughly 10 times faster than normal. I've worked closely with the author to have him fix his bugs, but last I saw(before the release of EQ3, so more than half a year ago), he didn't manage to sort them out.

If that's no longer the case and the plugin is stable, I'm more than willing to include it in the next release of Acemod, which I never planned(also because I've retired and I honestly wanted it to stay that way), but which is almost certainly going to happen. It's going to be a pretty monumental release that marks the end of an era. No more spoilers.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:30:25 am by Visor »
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

boat

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2016, 03:47:48 pm »
I haven't seen anything relating to a charger like that in the latest version of promod so possibly that bug was fixed

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:14 pm »
You should use the map distances from Promod 5.0 in the next version of Acemod. Passing map 2 should not be worth as much as a finale (800 points).

Kerouha

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 12:58:13 pm »
I installed both Acemod and EQ, but it refuses to load: Unable to load extension "socket.ext"

Also, some plugins give errors if loaded manually. Weapon Attributes, for example:
Code: [Select]
L 05/07/2016 - 23:17:59: [SM] Exception reported: WeaponInfoDatabase unavailable or unsupported. File a bug report.
L 05/07/2016 - 23:17:59: [SM] Blaming: optional/l4d2_weapon_attributes.smx()
L 05/07/2016 - 23:17:59: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 05/07/2016 - 23:17:59: [SM]   [0] L4D2_IsValidWeapon
L 05/07/2016 - 23:17:59: [SM]   [1] Line 213, l4d2_weapon_attributes.sp::WeaponAttributes()
Am I missing someting?

Sourcemod and Metamod are installed.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 04:42:34 pm »
Both of those errors are negligible. They will not affect how the configs work in any way. If you notice something off, it's most definitely not related to the errors you mentioned above.
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

Kerouha

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 01:27:02 am »
The problem is that I can not even launch these configs. The main plugin refuses to load.
Code: [Select]
L 05/27/2016 - 00:05:34: [SM] Unable to load extension "socket.ext": /home/gsquad/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/extensions/socket.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
L 05/27/2016 - 00:05:34: [SM] Unable to load plugin "confoglcompmod.smx": Required extension "Socket" file("socket.ext") not running

Ramirez™

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 02:17:56 am »
From my 2 times playing parish finale the car does no damage to survivors only a getup animation, once on sirplease server the other time on hotmess.

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 03:29:03 am »
No. It did do it on sir please New York. It just doesnt do that much.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 06:31:11 am »
It's supposed to deal 24 damage per hit on the bridge, if it's less then something is off.

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 11:40:59 am »
It's supposed to deal 24 damage per hit on the bridge, if it's less then something is off.

it's doing like 10 dmg.

b1sheo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2016, 03:28:11 am »
it's doing like 10 dmg.
l4d2_hittable_control from acemod or promod (I don't remember) package is broken, you should compile a version from here https://github.com/Attano/L4D2-Competitive-Framework/blob/master/addons/sourcemod/scripting/l4d2_hittable_control.sp

$pirit

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07:56 am »
What is the reason behind choosing L4DToolz over Downtown to unlock server slots?

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 12:25:15 pm »
Not the right place to ask this question, but I'll answer anyway. Because downtown wasn't doing a good job of unlocking slots past 18(actually it wasn't doing that kind of job at all), that and it had some issues displaying the correct server slot count in the group servers menu. Ultimately a game update broke the slots functionality and everyone switched to toolz, which in the long run turned out to be the right thing to do.

$pirit

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »
It did the job for me the other day when I tested. Group server menu, I'm not sure. Didn't really have the chance to check that.

I was under the impression that it was responsible for server crash.

Thanks for the reply.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.