Author Topic: Acemod V3  (Read 23307 times)

Sanchez

• View Profile
Re: Acemod V3
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 07:36:51 am »
1) Isn't the witch too weak with those OP shotguns?

2) Is this supposed to happen? I actually aimed on the survivor but i don't really remember that happening ever on promod or scav (and i played a lot of it, u prolly know how charger control is important on rooftop), while on acemod it's the 3rd time happening to me personally D:
https://youtu.be/G-2PZc3iZss

Top version anyway. Love the no jumprock thing, tanks need to be a lot more smarter and tactical :D

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 07:53:34 am »
1) No
2) It's fixed in V3, but not all servers have updated and/or use the clean version without custom plugins.
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

koz

• Streamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 10:07:09 am »
Maybe I fucking suck but I am quite convinced that remoting/drawing witches in acemod with high ping is nearly impossible, since the witch approaches you with a punch/claw she is going to incap you from so far away before you can get to shoot her at all. I never had problems drawing before in promod where the witches incap instantly, even with 200 ping, but i've just never been able to do it since this dumb witch has been added. I'm oindering if anyone else has encoutnered the same shit or i'm simply garbage
After being part of this community for many years no one has been more of an ignorant and pretentious fool than Sir. One time he banned me for breaking the rules... what a fucking joke.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 10:42:47 am »
I'm not going to call anyone "garbage"(go easier on yourself), but there is no difference in how the witch approaches you in either config. Just because she punches like a tank doesn't mean she has to "pre-swing" her fist; far from that. She will only hit you once you're point blank next to her, which means that drawing-wise there should be zero difference between acemod and any other config.
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

steve

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »
Hard Rain finale seems quite easy with just one tank.  Is there a glitch or bug that causes this, or is this a remnant from EQ?

High Cookie

• Bearillionaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 08:07:03 pm »
Hard Rain finale seems quite easy with just one tank.  Is there a glitch or bug that causes this, or is this a remnant from EQ?

It is easy, but look at how many points its worth.

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 03:41:16 pm »
Requesting for a change in Dark Carnival 2. I would like to have an exit point for the tank in the open area. There are limited amount of exit points in that map when you commit and need to get out.

boat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 05:42:56 am »
Played a pug on acemod earlier. Something bugged and there were no boomers or spitters. It was the best game of l4d2 i've had in a while. Short and to the point and a lot of fun.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 08:06:46 am »
Played a pug on acemod earlier. Something bugged and there were no boomers or spitters.
Sounds like a faulty server setup.

Kerouha

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 05:07:56 am »
I can not download either Acemod 3 or EQ3, all links lead to timeout. Any help?

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2016, 06:15:55 am »
Download links updated, they will not expire anymore.

Montclair

• !Montclair
    • View Profile
    • TFPG
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2016, 05:00:48 pm »
I'm having difficulty getting Acemod 4v4 to load via matchmodes.txt and !match. I keep getting:

[Confogl] Config "Acemod" not found, using default config!

I've been over it and over it and just don't see the problem. Acemod 3v3, 2v2, and 1v1 work. I can even !fm acemod and that works.

What am I missing here?

Code: [Select]

"Acemod"
    {
"Acemod 3.0"
{
        "acemod"
        {
            "name" "4v4"
        }

"am3v3"
        {
            "name" "3v3"
        }

"am2v2"
        {
            "name" "2v2"
        }

"am1v1"
        {
            "name" "1v1"
        }
}
    }

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2016, 05:18:48 pm »
[Confogl] Config "Acemod" not found, using default config!
The hint is in the capitalization. The stock match_vote plugin gets confused when parsing section keys with identical names, since "acemod" is both a section name and the config folder per-se.

Try to add a whitespace to Acemod's section name, i.e.
Code: [Select]
"Acemod "
    {
"Acemod 3.0"
{
        "acemod"
        {
            "name" "4v4"
        }

"am3v3"
        {
            "name" "3v3"
        }

"am2v2"
        {
            "name" "2v2"
        }

"am1v1"
        {
            "name" "1v1"
        }
}
    }

Montclair

• !Montclair
    • View Profile
    • TFPG
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2016, 05:45:35 pm »
Thank you, Visor. Epilimic and I were scratching our heads trying to figure this out. He changed the capitalization of the folder to get it to work. Now, we both know why. Much appreciated. :)

Moscow

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 04:24:32 am »
Can whatever promod uses to stop double get ups/sliding around be added to acemod? It's really annoying without it.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.