Author Topic: Acemod V3  (Read 23306 times)

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
Re: Acemod V3
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 04:31:01 pm »
I like it so far. My only complaint is the change to Parish Map 2 with the door being unlocked. I feel like it ruined the map.
Reminds me of like a Swamp Fever 2 Event, or another one where you run back, now.  I could see a lot of teams running back into the open field/hedges.  Not that I think it ruins the map, it actually sounds interesting.  Could even run back if tank triggers during event and you dodge a few SI hits.  Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out, should be interesting :)

10/10 update, Visor.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:09:03 pm by Kissme »

Blakee

• professional nude dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 04:49:04 pm »
Reminds me of like a Swamp Fever 2 Event, or another one where you run back, now.  I could see a lot of teams running back into the open field/hedges.  Not that I think it ruins the map, it actually sounds interesting.  Could even run back if tank triggers during event and you dodge a few SI hits.  Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out, should be interesting :)

10/10 update, Visor.

not about tank, but played a pug yesterday where we ran the event horde back to saferoom and took it there. it's changed the dynamic of the map SO MUCH. i think it's a welcome change, and i'm excited to see how it goes!

High Cookie

• Bearillionaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 09:03:13 pm »
Configs are now becoming what I dreamed of 3 years ago

annnnnnnd

the games dead    :-[

hib

• View Profile
find
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 11:05:28 pm »
The only thing that I see missing that I just thought about is the pill spawns. I'd like to have pills spread of more throughout the map instead of being in a close radius from one another.

In maps like Hard Rain 3, sometimes pills spawn in the saferoom house location. Then afterwards as you are leaving the gas station, there are pills either on the other side of the bush or inside the house. Not sure if people agree with me on this but I'd like to hear thoughts.

Luckylock

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 11:36:41 pm »
when you jump in water you get hella slowed down

supra

• Banned!
  • The world would be better off without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 11:54:08 pm »
yay, let's feed the asians and kids with no skill who hide behind the team with uzis. we can now run back to open field for event on parish map 2? ..........................................................................??????? ? ? ? ? ? ????? ?? ?? ?? ? ??? ?  ? GG. can we just get a plugin to teleport survivors to safe room? I really don't want to have to deal with common infected nor special infected, they're too scary. can we nerf the common hit damage? 2? are you fucking kidding? can we get like 1 or no damage from common? can we just remove all of the events from all maps? I would also much rather have SIX m2s instead of FIVE. can we just nerf everything and make it completely retarded? L4D IS TOO HARD PLEASE NERF THANKS ;DDDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:09:48 am by supra »

Itstrue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 12:42:20 pm »
yay, let's feed the asians and kids with no skill who hide behind the team with uzis. we can now run back to open field for event on parish map 2? ..........................................................................??????? ? ? ? ? ? ????? ?? ?? ?? ? ??? ?  ? GG. can we just get a plugin to teleport survivors to safe room? I really don't want to have to deal with common infected nor special infected, they're too scary. can we nerf the common hit damage? 2? are you fucking kidding? can we get like 1 or no damage from common? can we just remove all of the events from all maps? I would also much rather have SIX m2s instead of FIVE. can we just nerf everything and make it completely retarded? L4D IS TOO HARD PLEASE NERF THANKS ;DDDDDDDDD

You are such an idiot and a virgin, clearly a virgin.

estoopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 01:25:34 pm »
Yes.  I agree that running all events and tanks back to the safe room for easy pew pew is the most interesting meta we've had.  This way,  I can drink my coffee and check my email while my 3 actually skilled teammates just spray the safe room doorway.  It's as close to not playing the game as I can get while still playing it. :3

edit: I stand by my opinion that config makers should be able to do whatever the hell they want.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:36:15 pm by estoopi »

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »
Let's not dramatise now. Nobody is running back to the saferoom on other maps, except maybe Swamp 1. So why would they suddenly start doing that on Parish 2?

This is the same as waiting out event hordes, has its pros and cons. The intent was to allow to take Tank fights under the bridge, just behind the trailer. If someone wants to use that as an opportunity to camp out the event in the saferoom, they're welcome to do so. But then they'll have to go the same route all over again... And eat more attacks. Basically tripling the distance.

Does the real picture look as awful as you make it out to be?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:28:48 pm by Visor »
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

estoopi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 02:41:59 pm »
Does the real picture look as awful as you make it out to be?

No you're doing a great job imo -- I just always have thought "run back" strats were stupid in any config.

* no sarcasm was used in this post.

boat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 08:21:19 pm »
I don't understand how someone in this community suggested taking the parish 2 horde back and hib wasn't involved. Do you guys honestly forsee people taking the horde back through 2 chokes instead of just sitting in the easy trailer? I find nothing wrong with the change as it does allow people to take tank back

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 11:08:28 pm »
sitting in the easy trailer?
If you land your spit correctly, there are certain spit spreads which are ridiculous in the trailer. The only real counter to it is to have someone with a melee in front of the door blocking spit + SI.

ProdigySim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 12:37:26 am »
Just played a scrim on Hot Mess NY Acemod v3. Had at least two instances of hunters getting m2'd off of their pounced targets. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen. Did that change between updates, or was the server/config messed up?

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 12:45:13 am »
The initial intent was to block just deadstops, not all m2s against hunters. This wasn't working properly on all servers until V2.
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 02:37:40 pm »
Charger chestbumps can still happen :(

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.