Author Topic: someone smarter than me explain this please  (Read 1913 times)

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

supra

• Banned!
  • The world would be better off without you.
    • View Profile
Re: someone smarter than me explain this please
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 05:01:04 pm »
I once rocked a survivor through the shack on hard rain map 2. I've also seen grizz punch a survivor through the wall map 4 parish early tank. #L4D2things
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:29:10 pm by supra »

Battle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:10:28 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K2Ks4uLwj4

Dunno if totally relevant, original credit goes to Jahze when he was beta testing EQ, but it kinda shows to an extent the weirdness of tank punches and their respective hitbox, yes the tank does have long arms, it was easier to see the hitboxes with them
I have an accent, so i can say what i want

ElusivĪ£

• mi vida r0ta
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:59:46 pm »
The punch rays went thru the static prop simple as that.

High Cookie

• Bearillionaire
    • View Profile

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:04:59 pm »
I've always known about this, as it's definitely a thing but just doesn't happen often. It actually can go far back to when I used to play Realism Expert. You almost never wanted to take a horde in one of those trucks because they were so buggy. I've gotten scratched by AI Hunters through the sides if I were too close, and even hit by common infected through the side that got stuck on the side of the truck.

My guess is that the survivor hitboxes are intentionally larger for Tank abilities to *cough* not miss things *cough*. So possibly his hitbox was clipping through, similar to rock hitboxing.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.