Author Topic: Equilibrium 3.0  (Read 29368 times)

volarium

• Hot Mess Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Equilibrium 3.0
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:51 am »
Latest updates installed yesterday, and no issues reported after several games played throughout the day on Hot Mess.  Only interesting thing worth noting is that my group (new to EQ) refers to the awp as the "weirdo gun."  Great job on providing a stable release.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »
UPDATE 10th DECEMBER 2015
IMPORTANT! UPDATE YOUR SERVERS!

EQ3.0a is now available as a mandatory update for all servers. Install it to ensure that your server is stable, bug-free and eligible for the upcoming tournament.

Changelog:
  • Fixed a rare bug in the Left4Downtown extension that could cause the server to crash
  • Further improved auxiliarity against instability induced by any third party configs

Download:

Standalone and compatible releases have been updated and are available for download via links at the bottom of the original post.

Upgrade package can be downloaded here.

I urge you to update your server with the corresponding package in order to secure its eligibility for the upcoming EQ tournament, as well as for guaranteeing the best experience for your players.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:43:06 pm by Visor »
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

SiDEWAYSBOX

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 03:29:46 pm »
Thank you visor for your long hours of work you put into this, It's a great mod so far in my personal opinion.

Deliverance

• Owner of EMC servers.
    • View Profile
    • EMC's group.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 04:21:21 pm »
Thank you for the update Visor, i will tell you if i see crashes again ;)

partof

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 01:01:22 am »
Nice! Looking forward to play it.

Personally, I have to repack all config files into different folders (/optional/promod, /optional/eq, /optional/witchparty, etc) manually each time an updated released, so they won't mix up and cause issues.
It would be great if they were released like this in a first place.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 08:00:58 am »
Different configs used to share common plugins for ages, in fact for no less than 5 years and counting. It is only with Promod 4.5 that the trend had to be put to test. That release ended up being literally one massive bug: nothing new worked properly, and even the old tested stuff such as health bonus, spechuds and water slowdown somehow broke. What's even sillier, even EQ's hybrid bonus stopped working, despite not being a part of Promod.

After this happened, I was forced to export some amount of plugins into dedicated files, independent from other configs. It turned out that it wasn't enough since PM 4.5.1 still managed to break some stuff when installed on top of EQ3, so I had to make a second update, exporting even more plugins.

At the moment, with roughly 10 plugins having been exported, all of which used to be stable and bug-free and shared among many configs, things seem more or less stable, regardless of the order of installation of different configs. It is sad that this had to happen right now, just when I released my best and last config. The first impression has the strongest impact, and I'm very unsatisfied, to say the least, that it had to be affected by third parties. I shall not commit this mistake ever again, if I ever do end up making any other configs.
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 03:58:01 pm »
Well, it's not the first time there was an interaction between promod and EQ (in either direction). So I'm surprised it took as long as it did for something like this to happen. The move to separate plugins is long overdue, so hats off for taking the needed first steps at least.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:59:37 pm by fig newtons »

Corgi

• View Profile
    • DD2N.COM
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 11:31:45 pm »
I got error message.

[SM] Plugin optional/l4d2_tank_damage_cvars.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 02:40:53 am »
What version of Sourcemod and Metamod are you using? Any other errors in the error log?

Corgi

• View Profile
    • DD2N.COM
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 03:55:49 am »
What version of Sourcemod and Metamod are you using? Any other errors in the error log?

I using Sourcemod(1.7.3-hg5275) and Metamod(1.10.6).

L 12/24/2015 - 15:14:07: [confoglcompmod.smx] [Confogl] CvarSettings: Could not find CVar specified (vs_tank_pound_damage)
L 12/24/2015 - 15:14:07: [confoglcompmod.smx] [Confogl] CvarSettings: Could not find CVar specified (vs_tank_rock_damage)

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 04:49:07 am »
I see that plugin is missing in both packages for some reason. Very odd.

Thanks for the report. I will post an update later today, which will include this plugin, as well as alter some map distances.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »
UPDATE 24th DECEMBER 2015
IMPORTANT! MOD UPDATE AVAILABLE!

EQ3.0b is now available as a mandatory update for all servers. Install it to ensure that your server is stable, bug-free and eligible for the upcoming tournament.

On a side note, I've noticed that many server owners skip updating two crucial plugins:
  • l4d2_tank_attack_control
  • l4d2_hybrid_scoremod
The first plugin introduces the option of blocking jumprocks. This stands as a core feature of EQ3, backing up our simple yet efficient ideology: if you script it, we block it.

The second plugin adds important features to one of the fundamental aspects of any config -- the scoring system.

Guys, I know you have custom formatting for chat prints and so on, but the updates made in these plugins are absolutely vital. I am counting on your responsibility and understanding.

All plugin sources will be released later this week on my Github.

Changelog:
  • Added the missing l4d2_tank_damage_cvars plugin
  • Increased No Mercy 1, Blood Harvest 1 and Dark Parish 1 map distances from 200 to 300

Download:

Standalone and compatible releases have been updated and are available for download via links at the bottom of the original post.

Upgrade package can be downloaded here.

I urge you to update your server with the corresponding package in order to secure its eligibility for the upcoming EQ tournament, as well as for guaranteeing the best experience for your players.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2015, 01:12:39 am »
Wallkicking is possible again.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 01:57:17 am »
That's intended.

(4v4) Removed backjump/wallkick block

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 02:32:11 am »
Seems like a silly change to make if there's no deadstops.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.