Author Topic: Pro Mod 4.5  (Read 13400 times)

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
Re: Pro Mod 4.5
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 12:42:02 am »
1) we have a test server. i just took down the old ones for the last couple months since we had no use for them at that point.
2) the donations were like 1.5 years ago. some of the money went to people who have helped with pro mod.
3) because there were conflicts between plugins / compiling errors
4) yes. everything was tested. something went wrong in the final build. we plan on putting out an update tomorrow which should fix all the issues people are experiencing. considering how many changes are in this update and the overall improvements it brings i think playing 1 bad pug on the config is an ok trade.
5) the stk test server has issues (random crashes / segmentation faults) and isnt reliable for testing. its what we were using up until today.

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2015, 01:47:21 am »
Great update!

But like Lucky said about the AI tank on fire it can be misused. I see a lot of tanks f.e. on parish 2 starting just before the event. Tanks spawns near the bus station. If tank runs as fast as he can, and survivors run back to saferoom (and clear 1 mb 2 attacks), tank will be on fire and AI. If you do this in the old situation you got AI tank but for SI, now 3 SI and a burning tank.

I hope most ppl dont know and will not exploit this future to get easy tanks.

Further more i'm looking forward to play it.

Agree, and I've thought about this as well :/

ZenDigital

• I wanna fill yer hoohah with GOOF JUICE!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Team StickUpKidz MOTD
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2015, 03:09:47 am »
I'm a bit stuck on testing since I don't have a functional test server. Would one of you be willing to (at least for 4.5.1) give me access to FTP & SSH for one of your servers?

5) the stk test server has issues (random crashes / segmentation faults) and isnt reliable for testing. its what we were using up until today.

Simply, amazing! Thanks for the heads up guys!  :-\
"You're completely retarded and more toxic than chemical waste. Get lost." ~Visor 2016

Corgi

• View Profile
    • DD2N.COM
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2015, 08:52:10 pm »
Hi
Please post the sources for all the binaries in this release
Thanks

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2015, 09:13:29 pm »
Hi
Please post the sources for all the binaries in this release
Thanks

Sources will be released with 4.5.1
I don't want to distribute broken sources.

High Cookie

• Bearillionaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2015, 10:55:41 pm »
I don't see the point behind adding autofire? Is it really that hard to press mouse button down or is the l4d2 community plagued by carpal tunnel?

However everything else is brilliant.

I'm going to quote this back to you next time you join a pug and talk about how promod is basically the shittest thing in the world etc etc
and talk about how the auto fire pistols ruined the game.

The pistol scripts are the chocolate you get at a restaurant after your meal, you don't have to eat it, you didn't pay for it, it has nothing to do with the quality of the meal. Its an optional tool that has no impact on the game whatsoever.

secondly about the pug stuff, don't compare configs like that, EQ and Promod that have different objectives. You could make the argument EQ is better at X because Y, but you cant just simply say EQ > Promod. Especially you, who made a post asking for uzi/deagle, the only guns that are limited because of how strong they are, to be buffed.

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2015, 11:08:27 pm »

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2015, 02:44:51 pm »
Sunday, December 6, 2015
3:30 PM - Kiss me ;) ♡: i has request
3:30 PM - Kiss me ;) ♡: on the top of the event alarm on parish 2 during the crescendo
3:30 PM - Kiss me ;) ♡: i want a giant fucking snowman ontop of the alarm tower
3:30 PM - NF: done
3:30 PM - Kiss me ;) ♡: A+
3:31 PM - NF: lol
3:30 PM - Kiss me ;) ♡: 4.5.1
3:30 PM - Kiss me ;) ♡: Frosty is here to fuck your world

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2015, 06:01:08 pm »
+1

ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2015, 06:02:00 pm »
eta on a working version of 4.5?

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 06:21:18 pm »
eta on a working version of 4.5?

Jacob disappeared again  :-X

So... monday? maybe

darkid

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 01:31:00 pm »
Jacob did some testing with ninja, and a few of our plugins were still buggy. In order to deliver working code, we're planning to revert the problematic plugins to the 4.4.2 stable version, and release 4.5.2 when we've tracked down the issues. The issue here is that we were unable to reproduce the bugs on our clean install, but they did occur on other servers, and we got exactly 1 error log, which was a minor bug.

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 02:11:17 pm »

Y'all fix it real good, real fast! We want to have our burning Tanks already! Good luck, hope y'all can reproduce/fix the bugs.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.