Author Topic: Pro Mod 4.5  (Read 13396 times)

NF

• View Profile
Re: Pro Mod 4.5
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 04:10:08 pm »
Great update!

But like Lucky said about the AI tank on fire it can be misused. I see a lot of tanks f.e. on parish 2 starting just before the event. Tanks spawns near the bus station. If tank runs as fast as he can, and survivors run back to saferoom (and clear 1 mb 2 attacks), tank will be on fire and AI. If you do this in the old situation you got AI tank but for SI, now 3 SI and a burning tank.

I hope most ppl dont know and will not exploit this future to get easy tanks.

Further more i'm looking forward to play it.

Next update we should have custom boss spawning so we can fix Tanks spawning super far away.

Can this be done for all non-car alarms? I sndbringbackgoodgunsrestart them anyway.

What other ones do you want?

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 04:19:06 pm »
10/10 Update!

+Christmas lights \o/

The only thing I'd like to see changed would be the 30 seconds fire-tanks.  I feel that it's too short of a time frame, it's basically a dead tank.  30 second burn time from max HP (6000) is 200 burn damage a second.  So a tank with 2000 hp will burn for 10 seconds before dieing, which is only 2 rocks (depending on distance thrown and whether you're being shot at or not of course).  And don't get me wrong, I understand that you guys are going with 'well you had 2 passes, and you still lost LOS, so now we are going to make you die quick'.  I just feel like that's almost too fast.  I could very well be wrong and this particular part of the update is to just give people that incentive to not let their tank go AI which would be another way of looking at it.

TL;DR: I like the concept, I just feel that it's too much damage.  Even turning it down to 100 damage a second would be a huge help in my opinion.  Other than that, I love it!  Great job Promod-Dev team :D

ika

• it's a squid くコ:彡
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »
Thanks for the work you guys have done! Unfortunately, after testing on my servers and Hot Mess servers we've found the following issues:
1. Mysterious, invisible walls on hard rain sugar field that survivors can't pass.
2. Silent dual pistols when you hold down m1.
3. Tank HUD doesn't seem to be displaying.
4. Damage to health bonus not displayed as infected, just the regular "x person did y damage" message.

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 04:33:03 pm »
I see a lot of tanks f.e. on parish 2 starting just before the event. Tanks spawns near the bus station. If tank runs as fast as he can, and survivors run back to saferoom (and clear 1 mb 2 attacks), tank will be on fire and AI. If you do this in the old situation you got AI tank but for SI, now 3 SI and a burning tank.
If you're good with tank, then it's better to have a human-controlled tank that's on fire than a 6k bot tank.

If you're bad with tank, maybe it's not.

That seems like a strong argument that any damage you get with tank should happen because you were controlling the tank.

Edit:
The only thing I'd like to see changed would be the 30 seconds fire-tanks.  I feel that it's too short of a time frame, it's basically a dead tank.
This is a fair point. My impression is that some testing will be needed to figure out what the most balanced timings are.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:36:32 pm by fig newtons »

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »
Thanks for the work you guys have done! Unfortunately, after testing on my servers and Hot Mess servers we've found the following issues:
1. Mysterious, invisible walls on hard rain sugar field that survivors can't pass.

Did you trigger the elevator before trying this?

There's an exploit blocker that blocks people from proceeding through the field if the event hasn't been started, as a failsafe in case they had exploited past the event.

ika

• it's a squid くコ:彡
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 04:38:02 pm »
Did you trigger the elevator before trying this?

There's an exploit blocker that blocks people from proceeding through the field if the event hasn't been started, as a failsafe in case they had exploited past the event.

We loaded in on map 3 and couldn't make it to the elevator.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »
We loaded in on map 3 and couldn't make it to the elevator.

Ahhh, my b. I know why this happens. Here's a fix:

https://www.mediafire.com/?6pj8njnjiooc8xo

Artifacial

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 06:01:48 pm »
Nice update. Would you mind releasing the sources for everything?
Cheers.

SiDEWAYSBOX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »
I like it all, of course gonna need some playtime to be perfect but nice job you guys.

Moscow

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 06:30:30 pm »
Can this be done for all non-car alarms? I sndbringbackgoodgunsrestart them anyway.
What other ones do you want?
c1m2
c1m3
c3m2
c10m2
c10m4
c11m4
c12m2

There's probably a couple others I forgot about.

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »
Working on fixing the bugs right now. Think I found the cause for a couple of the issues. We should hopefully have everything patched up and good to go later tonight. Thanks everyone for helping us test it! I will release the sources on github after all the bugs are fixed.

Impulsive

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 07:47:20 pm »
I'm not sure if you are all aware of this, but based off of a 4.5 reflex pug I noticed a few things:

a) Survivors got stuck in HR water as if it was quicksand - they were literally unable to control their characters.
b) Players got multiple tanks based off of the vanilla lotto system which then passed on to other players if its rage bar depleted
c) Tanks could not see their own rage (or so I have heard, i didn't even get a tank)
d) Tank and Spec HUD did not work (or so I heard for spec hud - I was a player, not a spectator)
e) Reflex only had quadcaps, not a single boomer spawned in the pug
f) Vanilla scoring system (no hb)

Will edit if I remember more
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:49:29 pm by Impulsive »

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 07:49:55 pm »
Yep all of those are being worked on / have been fixed already. Thanks for reporting them though, let us know if you find any more bugs.

darkid

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 09:15:45 pm »
I'm a bit stuck on testing since I don't have a functional test server. Would one of you be willing to (at least for 4.5.1) give me access to FTP & SSH for one of your servers?

ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 12:02:50 am »
I'm a bit stuck on testing since I don't have a functional test server. Would one of you be willing to (at least for 4.5.1) give me access to FTP & SSH for one of your servers?
you already have the stk test server

edit: What happend to all the money we gave jacob for his test servers? why are there so many problems? was there any testing at all before release?

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.