Author Topic: The L4D2 Bleed Out Tournament  (Read 26091 times)

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
The L4D2 Bleed Out Tournament
« on: November 26, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »

"A tournament sponsored by the viewers, for the players."

This tournament is going to be a way for my team and I to give back the money that was bestowed upon us by the community as a result of everyone that tuned into the streams on Twitch and watching videos on YouTube.  Back when I first started the past two years of streaming, I had no job and could barely pay for my internet.  I was granted a chance by Sir and others to do something that I wanted to do, and it would soon become something that I would need to do for myself.  It became more than just a responsibility.  It became a form of therapy for me, and it allowed me to cope with things in my life.

In the past two years my team and I have worked towards bringing competitive L4D2 to a broader audience and trying to break it into something that anybody with a passion for the game can play.  Through my journey I have met many people who have shared in the passion that I hold for this game and the players of it.  The game by nature is unlike anything else you will ever play.  You'll never meet someone who will tell you that they play this game to relax.  It's not that type of game.  Being twenty-fived by a hunter or getting quad-capped gives a feeling that is unreplicatable in any other game, not even getting ace'd in CS:GO or team-wiped in Dota 2 will give that same frustration.  Because you know that atleast in those games that once you respawn, even though you may have dropped a round or lost a tower or two, that you can do things to bring it back.  Losing a single round in L4D2 is not as forgiving.  It's a game of unshakeable team cohesion and reactions.  What seperates the top from the bottom is the ability of your team to bring the pieces back together, after being decimated by an attack, before the next attack comes in in 11 seconds.

The number of people that I have come into contact with in my years of this game have done more than change just myself.  You have changed the life around me.  I do not think that I would be where I am today without this community.  The game did a lot for me and it is only right, that now that I am in the position that I am, that I give it back to you all.  This tournament is going to be the first of its kind.  It is going to be a tournament that is completely sponsored by money that has come from the community itself as an entity.  It will also be accompanied by gracious donations of Pug groups, communities, and individuals who follow in the same thought as I, that you can change the community if you dedicate yourself to it.

The base prize pool will be $1,000, that is the money that has been accumulated from Twitch and YouTube by my team over the past 2 years.  I used the money at the time to help me continue to pay my internet bills and do what I loved.  But that doesn't change the fact that it is money that wasn't mine to use.  I will be matching the $1,000 that I used out of my own bank in order to give it all back.  This prize pool could also grow by the end of the tournament due to continued views on both YouTube and Twitch.

The other donors will be added to the 'sponsor' page/on-screen display for streams and VODs upon the money being donated.  The money will sit in my Paypal until the completion of the tournament.  Once a winner is crowned, the money will be divided up and given to the winning team(s), depending on the size of the prize pool.

Prize: $1,242.36
The above money is from the viewers.  This is the base prize-pool for the tournament and will grow as more views come in from Youtube and Twitch.
+
Donations: $1,814.71
This money is from the community.  From PUG groups, to competitive players, to spectators, to advocates of e-sports.  These people are here to drive you.
=
Grand Total: $3,057.07

The distribution of the prizes will be:
1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 10%

Sponsors/Donations:  Please send any and all donations to the TwitchAlerts page Kissmeplox.  A PayPal e-mail can be given for larger donations upon request.  If anyone tells you to go about it a different way please do not listen to it, only follow these directions.  Attached to it, please leave a note saying your ingame name and what group, if any, you are donating for.  If you are donating on your own behalf, as an individual, please leave a note with a message you would like to show up on the screen during the slideshow for sponsors.  Donations from/for groups will only have their groups logo and name displayed.

Prize distribution is open to change as donations come in.  Players are also responsible for having a PayPal that is functional.  Failure to do so will result in their portion of the winnings to be given to their captain to hold onto until they can get their PayPal problem under control, at which time their captain will give them their fair winnings.  Prize money is to be given out within 24 hours of completion of the Finals.

Rules: Link
Config: Default = Acemod (EQ Modified)
First Round Begins: April 18th
Team sign-ups: March 14th - April 16th
Format: Six Rounds of Interntional Swiss (read rules), Top (TBA) play Double-elimination International format

Administrators
Asia: Dream , Fitz , Grz
Australia: Arti , HighCookie
Europe: Battle , Deli , Dragon , SnoW
North America: fig newtons , RailsBarlow

Secretary Stawfishie
45°

Tournament Director
Kissme

Last but not least, I would like to take a moment to thank the Russian video-editor Grz, for all of his unprecedented work in the past couple of months.  This guy has a natural knack for video-editing and from the moment I saw his videos, I knew I would love to work with him, and it just so happened, he wanted to work with me too.  Over the past two and a half months, thousands of hours of demos and footage, hundreds of hours of man-power, thousands of renders and test smooths, Grz has concluded that he has met his goal of March 1st, and with that, I am happy to announce the Trailer For The Bleed Out Tournament.

-->Sign-Ups<--

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:23:35 pm by Kissme »

Tabun

• View Profile
Re: The L4D2 Bleedout Tournament
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:12:23 pm »
I will briefly come out of hiberl4dnation just to say I think it is an awesome thing that you're doing.

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
Re: The L4D2 Bleed Out Tournament
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 03:42:50 pm »
Le Bump* to get it on the recent threads sidebar.

ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »
we've had enough eq ploxxxxxx

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 03:59:34 pm »
Better get on Jacob about it then so you guys can opt into using it :)

And also because some people have asked, yes, the scopes will be removed from the EQ version of the tournament.

K0range4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »
Hot damn! I have to get in on this.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

K0range4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 05:15:48 pm »
What exactly does "the scopes will be removed" mean?

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 05:19:11 pm »
no scout in EQ

supra

• Banned!
  • The world would be better off without you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 05:55:11 pm »
What exactly does "the scopes will be removed" mean?
it means you can't zoom in with the sniper and it shoots like a grenade launcher!!!

K0range4

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »
it means you can't zoom in with the sniper and it shoots like a grenade launcher!!!

Oh in that case I won't be able to participate in this tournament. I'll only play with zoomable sniper grenade launchers  8)

ogk_

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »
Can we make the grenade launcher zoom for KOrange?

estoopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 10:32:45 pm »
really nice hype vid.  gr8 job grz

Kekkeri

• My name is Kekkeri!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 12:26:57 am »
It's nice to see another "big" tournament organized. but I don't see the point to put that much money in the tournament...
Would be better to just help community. Like hosting good ddos protected servers or something.
This tournament just might get couple more teams to register than EQ cup. (because of the money prize)
I'm sure people will join your tournament even tho there is no money prizes or even that high prize pool, they join because they know "these" admins are good doing there work in tournaments.

Kissme asked me my thoughts and to join in when he was planning this cup. (around 2-3months ago) I was just sending smilyfaces and saying good luck etc. but now I see how much work you have done. that's why.. I would be more than happy to support your tournament to join with my team... Velocity ;) Good work Kissme.

Edit: If Velocity want's to play.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:32:12 am by Kekkeri »

Wusel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 07:54:32 am »
It's nice to see another "big" tournament organized. but I don't see the point to put that much money in the tournament...
Would be better to just help community. Like hosting good ddos protected servers or something.
This tournament just might get couple more teams to register than EQ cup. (because of the money prize)
I'm sure people will join your tournament even tho there is no money prizes or even that high prize pool, they join because they know "these" admins are good doing there work in tournaments.

Kissme asked me my thoughts and to join in when he was planning this cup. (around 2-3months ago) I was just sending smilyfaces and saying good luck etc. but now I see how much work you have done. that's why.. I would be more than happy to support your tournament to join with my team... Velocity ;) Good work Kissme.

Edit: If Velocity want's to play.
"I hate that you put in so much prize money because people will only play because of this. But now that I see all the money, I'll be joining as well, in fact with the best team I've ever been in."

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.