Author Topic: RBT3 Quarter Finals -- Diescraper Redux!  (Read 9543 times)

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
RBT3 Quarter Finals -- Diescraper Redux!
« on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:21 pm »
Quarter Finals

Round starts: Monday, October 26th, 2015
Round ends: Sunday, November 1st 2015 (Midnight PT)

Final Group Stage Standings!
Elimination Bracket
MAP DOWNLOAD LINK

Thank you everyone for a great six rounds of Swiss play in RBT3; the last round of Swiss found eight teams separating themselves from the rest to now reach a single game elimination playoff bracket (linked above); the quarter-finals pairings are:

Melee Runners (1) vs Animosity Gaming ( 8 )

Fuckboys (4) vs Whatevaz (5)

Helheim (2) vs We met on eHarmony (7)

Alerion (3) vs Proximity (6)

DIRECTIONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF HOME AND AWAY SYSTEM

As stated in the RBT3 Announcement, the internationally based teams (Helheim and Alerion) now have the option of instituting the home and away system for their remaining games; in the home and away system, two games are played -- one on a (in this case) North American server, and one on a European server. The scores from each game are then added together, and whichever team scores the most points combined in both individual games is the winner of the best of 1 match. At any point, if a team wants to not play the 2nd game in a series, they have the right, but it will result in the forfeiture of the match to their opponents. If the two teams together can't agree on which two servers are being used, then the admins reserve the right to choose the two servers for the games to be played on, to the closest achievable balance, based off of our discretion. If a match between Helheim and Alerion occurs and both teams are using their EU based rosters, then there will only be the need for a single game played on a European server (as it was in the group stage).

Good luck and have fun to all! The admins truly appreciate all the teams in the tournament for a fantastic showing thusfar, and of course thank you to all of those who have streamed games, casted games, all the server admins for their support and generosity, and all of those who have enjoyed the tournament so far! Also, credit to eTronic for making this fantastic representation of how great a game l4d2 is:

With that said, good luck and have fun -- let the elims begin!

**REMINDER: ABSOLUTELY NO RINGERS (meaning ANYONE not from the finalized team rosters) ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED IN ANY OF THE ELIMINATION STAGES -- GET FOUR FROM YOUR ROSTER OR NONE AT ALL!**
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: RBT3 Quarter Finals -- Diescraper Redux!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:31:19 pm »
Those european servers better have caster for us!

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 01:49:42 am »
is reflux upon agreement from both teams still in effect?

Rails

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 07:11:01 am »
is reflux upon agreement from both teams still in effect?

Yes!
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 01:32:22 am »
Melee Runners vs. AG - Friday, time still undetermined.

Discovery

• TnF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 06:13:21 am »
I couldn't really do anything, I got stuck in some way shape or form.
But shout out to intoxic for asking me to ring for like half their matches lol.

Chii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 08:26:36 pm »
Proximity vs Alerion |  Sunday 2pm EST / 8pm CET start

K0range4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 09:33:44 pm »
Ohhhh I'm pumped for this. I hope I get to cast (or at the very least watch live) some of these games! :D

hib

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 01:38:52 am »
Melee Runners vs. AG - Friday, time still undetermined.

Melee Runners vs. AG
rescheduled for Sunday 6pm pacific / 9pm eastern according to doodle

Silver

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 05:25:23 pm »
Helheim > eHarmony.

We have to forfit because pnut doesn't understand that Sunday also kinda goes along with "weekend."

GG.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:11:26 pm by Silver »

ika

• it's a squid くコ:彡
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 11:43:41 pm »
fudgeboyz vs whatever Sunday at around 8-9 pm est  :D

Rails

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 03:04:13 pm »
Helheim > eHarmony.

We have to forfit because pnut doesn't understand that Sunday also kinda goes along with "weekend."

GG.

Due to this, the tournament's seventh seed (eHarmony) has been dropped from the finals bracket due to the fact this game would've resulted in a Defwin for Helheim. As a result, the team which placed just outside of the finals bracket (9th seeded ECLIP5E) shall be taking their spot to play against Helheim in the quarter finals. As a consideration to team Helheim, who did nothing wrong and were prepared to play the match, they shall be able to deviate from the map choice of Diescraper Redux to a map of their choosing for the quarter finals match. It's unfortunate that it had to work this way, but if teams want to throw away playoff spots due to not being able to schedule, then a compensation shall be implemented to still get matches played. Both the captains of Helheim and ECLIP5E have agreed to play the match in this order, and as I mentioned, they will have until next Sunday night to get the result posted in this thread. Apologies for the delay of the semi-finals, but what has to be done has to be done to avoid forfeiture of the tournament's most important matches.

.awake

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 03:06:48 pm »
21:50 - Alerion | salty: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546336312
21:50 - Alerion | salty: post for me
21:50 - Alerion | salty: Alerion > Proximity
21:50 - .awake: the magic word?
21:50 - Alerion | salty: pls babygurl

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 08:39:41 pm »
whatevaz > fuckboys

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 09:58:53 pm »
Animosity Gaming > Melee Runners
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:03:36 pm by 3yebex »

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.