Author Topic: Pro Mod 1.1  (Read 8562 times)

• View Profile
Re: Pro Mod 1.1
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 10:23:40 pm »
I'm not from this bands but I often visit l4dnation and this post really annoyed me. Man up dude. The config is cool and everyone is entitled to give their opinions, even if its always the same dude. Get the f* over it, this is only making you look bad and actually giving "The Sheriff" what he wants ..

And if no one can say it, DUDE.. NICE JOB WITH THE CONFIG, it only shows you care!!!

Thanks, but that's not the point. My point is that no matter what changes I make, someone always comes on the forums, or spams me on steam telling me how its not perfect/the way they want it. If you want it done your way, go make your own config. I did kind of freak out in that post, but honestly thats like 2 months of annoyance built up.

i just want the distance to not be printed everytime someone checks the hb. was pretty annoying in that showmatch we played. not sure why jacob is so mad LOL
If you had just said "Can you fix the distance popping up? I think they fixed it in EQ" I would have looked into it. Instead, you say shit like "If your gunna steal everything from eq at least do it right" and "blah blah blah. idiot"
So i could really care less what the fuck you have to say shade.

Anyways, I'm going to finish a few things for this config that I have been working on, and throw in the custom distance popping up, and we will see what happens next. I dont know if I'm going to continue working on it or not after that.

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 10:29:27 pm »
i didnt say steal, idiot, i said as long as you're taking the code from eq, you should do this (because they dont have that issue). idiot.

Turbo

• Cudder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »
Lets be men about this... TLC match.

Fever

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »
I love the config<3
"I am a fan of Left 4 Dead 2 with approximately 3000 hours of play time" - fig

Malevolence

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 11:05:23 pm »
i didnt say steal, idiot, i said as long as you're taking the code from eq, you should do this (because they dont have that issue). idiot.

Hey man just calm down, there's no need for that kind of language.

Word

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 11:14:30 pm »
Everybody needs to calm the fuck down. Jacob is doing his best to try and bring together the best of both worlds into a single config, and all you guys are doing is hating on him for putting his time and effort into something that WE will be enjoying.

There's only so much that one can do to make the game even more competitive than it already is. Instead of criticizing his work and bitching at him for using a few ideas from EQ, why don't you try suggesting new and "innovative" ideas that he can implement into the config.

Ishmayl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 08:23:36 am »
I haven't played this config, just saw the show match a few nights ago, but I can already say I love it and can't wait to get into a game with it sometime.  Good job!

estoopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 03:13:47 pm »
Has it ever been considered removing outlines for survivors? realism basically.... that would be quite challenging on top of pro mod... sounds scary.

SL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »
EU liked the idea, NA said no (over generalization).  So as a result, it never really happened in anything.
Available as a SD camera if asked.

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 03:37:48 pm »
Has it ever been considered removing outlines for survivors? realism basically.... that would be quite challenging on top of pro mod... sounds scary.
The last thread I saw on it people rejected realism because everyone hated getting horded by 3 common. But AFAIK it's been figured out how to restore normal common, so... maybe.

It seems like a good idea on paper but I'm really not sure about it. Jockey is OP already. And there would be a lot of pain while everyone relearned how to play survivor. I would play a config that had it though.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:40 pm »
I like the idea of removing glows.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 07:08:47 pm »
If you already installed pro mod 1.1, please download this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8bc04y4opgp979n
http://www.mediafire.com/?px4anwzgyyq4oid
Place those both in your stripper folder and replace the old files. There was a bug that made hard rain 2/3 impossible to play.
You can find it here:
left4dead2>cfg>cfgogl>promod>stripper>maps
The original post has been updated with a fixed download.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:54:36 pm by Jacob »

Tabun

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 07:24:37 pm »
Exploit fixes v19 updated now. Sorry about the inconvenience.

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.