Author Topic: Sky v.2.7.1  (Read 23490 times)

RedJaneDoe

• View Profile
    • Steam
Sky v.2.7.1
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:38:20 am »
Sky

What is Sky?

Sky is a competitive configuration for Left 4 Dead 2. Original L4D/L4D2 maps are modified in this config: variable weather conditions across maps(such as Hard Rain), modifications of vanilla events etc. Thus rendering the game more interesting and diverse.

Info:

Current version: 2.7.1
Developers: JaneDoe, Electrik, Visor
Ideas: JaneDoe
Plugins: Visor, Vintik, JaneDoe
Sky Stripper: JaneDoe, Electrik
Base plugins: CanadaRox, ProdigySim, Tabun, Vintik, Stabby, Blade, CircleSquared, Jacob, Grego, purpletreefactory, epilimic, Arti, Raecher, Xan, Griffin, SilverShot, Sir
ProMod Stripper: Tabun, NF, EsToOpi, Jacob, Blade, Stabby, CircleSquared
Special Thanks: b9ka, semi, An†ares, iCake, s0b, Sir, nikeOn, Princess Twilight and etc.

* Many thanks to the Confogl team. Tell me if I forgot to include you in the thanks list.

Installation:

1. Install latest ProMod: ProMod 4.3.1
2. Setup Stripper Source: Stripper 1.2.2 (if not installed)
3. Install Sky: Sky 2.7.1

*Small Fix Static Tank Spawns: Fix Static Tank Spawns (if you download Sky-master.zip before 25.05.2015)

Config Specifics:

FULL LIST HERE

Download:

GitHub
Archive (ZIP)

* Config is fully compatible with the latest Promod, EQ etc.

Emperors FragMovie
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

*If you have any questions or problems with the cfg, if something is bugged, leave your posts in this thread, we will try to resolve your problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:38:28 pm by RedJaneDoe »

Kissme

• Caster
    • View Profile
Re: Sky v.2.7
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:15:27 pm »
Original L4D/L4D2 maps are modified in this config: variable weather conditions across maps(such as Hard Rain), modifications of vanilla events etc. Thus rendering the game more interesting and diverse.
Pics?

Just wondering how greatly it changes chokes and the map (if that's what it does).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:17:10 pm by Kissme »

Sir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:18 pm »
Oh you sexy beast you, this Config is pure gold I tell you.
Excellent work once again, I'd love to see a tournament go down on this one.
Group Owner of :| SirPlease
Config Dev :| Zonemod 1.9.6

ElusivΣ

• mi vida r0ta
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 07:35:59 pm »
played this a while ago and it was pretty cool +rep

Blakee

• professional nude dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 08:41:16 pm »
on hotels (dc1), there's rain? i imagine it would only work within the saferoom and at the end, in the lobby, if the windows at the top are broken. unless it's just raining outside..?

otherwise i love it, this adds a lot of flavor to the base game. excited to try it.

RedJaneDoe

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:13:44 am »
Pics?

Just wondering how greatly it changes chokes and the map (if that's what it does).

on hotels (dc1), there's rain? i imagine it would only work within the saferoom and at the end, in the lobby, if the windows at the top are broken. unless it's just raining outside..?

otherwise i love it, this adds a lot of flavor to the base game. excited to try it.

Update First Post

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 04:25:04 am »
I remember playing this a long time ago, enjoyed it a lot. The scavenge idea on Dark Carnival 2 was awesome, almost wish that it was in promod :P

Also it felt like Michael Bay-ogl at times with the random plane crashes and explosions and slo-motion moments, but this wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Friday.

• ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 05:00:15 am »
I think some or these changes could be standardized to add a new level of interest in map structure and dynamics.
Feels like dlr without the ridiculousness. Awesome job  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:17:08 am by Friday· »

kkw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:30:54 am »

How to explode the wall?

Also here

RedJaneDoe

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 06:18:17 am »

How to explode the wall?

Also here

1. Double click E (use)

2. check plugin list (sm plugins list) l4d2_sky_customization.smx need to be loaded if not it can broke some events.
if l4d2_sky_customization.smx don't wanna load check u version l4d_boss_percent.smx it shoul be latest v.1.6.1 l4d_boss_percent.sp
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:34:30 am by RedJaneDoe »

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 06:50:45 am »
I think some or these changes could be standardized to add a new level of interest in map structure and dynamics.
Feels like dlr without the ridiculousness. Awesome job  :D

>likes random plane crashes that trigger hordes and flying hittables and explosions
>dislikes heavily nerfed single use molotov in promod that barely effects anything

bruh

Also the stripper files were interesting and I learned a few things. I didnt know you could add func_tractrains too. I tried one time and it didn't work, guess I did something wrong.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:56:02 am by NF »

Friday.

• ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 08:44:33 am »
>likes random plane crashes that trigger hordes and flying hittables and explosions
>dislikes heavily nerfed single use molotov in promod that barely effects anything

bruh

Also the stripper files were interesting and I learned a few things. I didnt know you could add func_tractrains too. I tried one time and it didn't work, guess I did something wrong.

Don't hurt me bby. it was abit of satire ;)
Jane, how did you make the destructible walls? I thought they were hard coded.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:46:55 am by Friday· »

RedJaneDoe

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 09:23:53 am »
Don't hurt me bby. it was abit of satire ;)
Jane, how did you make the destructible walls? I thought they were hard coded.

yes it's hard coded, i use prop breakable walls and walls with animation.

bruh

Thank you  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:45:12 am by RedJaneDoe »

eTronic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 09:30:03 am »
Lots of cool changes. Was hoping there'd be Cold Stream changes to make it playable.

RedJaneDoe

• View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Sky v.2.7.1
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:04:04 am »
Update curent version on: 2.7.1

Updated cfg base (Promod 4.3.1)
Updated stripper files (Promod 4.3.1)

If something bugged or i something forgot tell me plz on this thread. Thank you

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.