Author Topic: Feature Requests / Suggestions / Bug Reports  (Read 5089 times)

Jacob

• Actively Killing The Game
    • View Profile
    • Stream
Feature Requests / Suggestions / Bug Reports
« on: May 07, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »
What the title says. Post all that stuff in this thread.

Ramirez™

• View Profile
Re: Feature Requests / Suggestions / Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 06:39:47 pm »
Yeah i highly suggest you ban the idiot who is responsible for this

<7:27:58 PM> jcb has penalized Ramirez 10 rating. Reason: badbadbad

Friday.

• ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 08:29:38 pm »
Add promod intergration so that players that get mvp get more points. Because it's not very fair if people get plethora's of points just by getting carried.

+ add encentives for people to protect team mates from horde Et cetera
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:35:50 pm by Friday· »

ElusivΣ

• mi vida r0ta
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 09:01:16 pm »
Add promod intergration so that players that get mvp get more points. Because it's not very fair if people get plethora's of points just by getting carried.

+ add encentives for people to protect team mates from horde Et cetera

most vain thing lol.  imagine all the fragwhoring.  frags don't mean anything.  shutting down cappers is not a one person job.  This game is all about positioning, making smart calls, knowing the map meta, your aim, prediction and adapting to the situation, etc. etc. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:14:44 pm by ElusivΣ »

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 09:03:55 pm »
This is, in my opinion, a bad idea, there is some very non-team oriented play that can happen on the road to padding stats for MVP, and damage done rarely correlates to skill as much as it does other uncontrollable factors (where the spawns happen/who they happen to be going for/can that person solo them).

The player who always stands toward the back and properly blocks spawns will almost never get MVP compared to the person taking chokes in front with a shotgun, but both of them are equally important to the team's success.  I think the people who will do well in the league are people who are willing to consistently call and take a further back position (3rd/4th) and are very knowledgeable about spawn blocking.

ElusivΣ

• mi vida r0ta
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:33 pm »
This is, in my opinion, a bad idea, there is some very non-team oriented play that can happen on the road to padding stats for MVP, and damage done rarely correlates to skill as much as it does other uncontrollable factors (where the spawns happen/who they happen to be going for/can that person solo them).

The player who always stands toward the back and properly blocks spawns will almost never get MVP compared to the person taking chokes in front with a shotgun, but both of them are equally important to the team's success.  I think the people who will do well in the league are people who are willing to consistently call and take a further back position (3rd/4th) and are very knowledgeable about spawn blocking.

I agree with hib-lakl 8)

@Jacob
-some stripper fixes, prop removal/adding, invisible wall removal would be nice if possible.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:10:48 pm by ElusivΣ »

Friday.

• ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 09:13:31 pm »

True. Although, perhaps those who achieve a higher rate of accuracy could get a minor boost? That would persuade players into playing better.

ElusivΣ

• mi vida r0ta
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 09:21:51 pm »
True. Although, perhaps those who achieve a higher rate of accuracy could get a minor boost? That would persuade players into playing better.

this is unnecessary imo.  Good aim comes from practice and getting comfortable with a specific dpi setting and in-game sensitivity over time.  This won't help or teach new players how to aim and track in l4d imo.

Jacob

• View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 09:59:06 pm »
We've found a few bugs and I've reported them to mike. They will be fixed as soon as possible.
We have no interest in giving bonus rank for mvp.

Jacob

• View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 11:06:55 pm »
The points bug is fixed!!  :D

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 12:18:25 am »
i may be over thinking this but would substitutions be any more complicated than one would expect? i think it would have benefited everyone in the game i played tonight if i got someone for me, but frankly i wasnt sure what to do

Jacob

• View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 02:10:40 am »
I'm making a new rule for subs tomorrow.

Jacob

• View Profile
    • Stream
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 03:33:15 pm »
If you were unable to join before, try again now.

Atreyu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 05:00:44 am »
If you were unable to join before, try again now.

THX

Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 05:45:17 am »
Client seems to freeze up for me at times. Ill have to disconnect/reconnect for anything new to show up.
Also the "mute" button the main page of the client does not mute the chick telling me when games come up. (even though no game comes up sometimes)

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.