Author Topic: Any interest in this?  (Read 9130 times)

sygnus

• View Profile
Re: Any interest in this?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »
i'll work on setting my stream for optimal casting seeing as kiss me will probably have nothing to do with this

dunno if i will solo cast or get friends to come in but if you have any interest in learning the ropes of casting / just wanna try it hmu (click my signature)
i'm available during friday past noon, saturday any time and sunday in the evening.

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Any interest in this?
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 01:52:17 am »
i'll work on setting my stream for optimal casting seeing as kiss me will probably have nothing to do with this

dunno if i will solo cast or get friends to come in but if you have any interest in learning the ropes of casting / just wanna try it hmu (click my signature)
i'm available during friday past noon, saturday any time and sunday in the evening.
I can join in on casting/streaming too. Just let me know, Shade.

adiosdeadgame

• View Profile
Re: Reboot Weekend Tourney (RWT) #1
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 02:01:24 pm »
So what's happening with this?

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 02:07:20 pm »
was hoping for 8 teams, some people have come to me and said things would be different if signups were longer. the pot was set at $65 so about $11 a person for a 6 man team, not bad imo for a 1 week thing considering cct3 and rbwt didnt have any prize whatsoever. im not sure if the timing is poor with rbt just ending and people being burned out (even though the playoffs dragged on with not many matches), teams just disassembled or people just dont approve of this format of playing.

Visor

• View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 03:13:57 pm »
the pot was set at $65 so about $11 a person for a 6 man team
Just leave out the prize cash. Whoever's gonna play this is gonna do it for any number of reasons, with money being the last of them. For 11 bucks, I'm not gonna move my ass from this chair I'm sitting on for example(but that's just me).
$10 says you aren't anywhere near a controlling position of the L4D3 scene in any continent when it happens.

Thing is he does what he wants, cause his able to and we are letting him do that. He abuses hes place and power in this community and people like me get banned for no reason. Only thing visor wants is more and more control so he can do what ever he wants.

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 04:14:27 pm »
money or prizes have never been incentives, just something extra for playing a game people play anyway. i was willing to put some of my own money and other people expressed interest in donating to further the cause. who am i to tell them no. the person in question wasn't even planning on playing, they just enjoyed the frequent casts of this nature. regardless the quota wasnt met so this is moot
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:17:02 pm by heriot »

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 05:28:26 pm »
it was just too soon after rbt. you should try again in a couple weeks.

adiosdeadgame

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 11:14:53 pm »
All you need is 3 more teams. Gotta be 3 teams that are already playing that just don't know about this.

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2015, 01:14:54 am »
Why you have a player limit of 6 for a weekend tournament is beyond me. It should just be 4 people per team.

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2015, 01:39:58 am »
Why you have a player limit of 6 for a weekend tournament is beyond me. It should just be 4 people per team.
why make it harder to schedule a weekend tournament than it already is?

NF

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2015, 01:52:09 am »
why make it harder to schedule a weekend tournament than it already is?

Why are you entering a weekend tournament if you aren't available on the weekend?

Anyway, I'm not really interested in entering, so I don't really care what you do. But I think you would get more teams if you didn't have a bunch of unnecessary people crowding on one big team for a 2 day tourney.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:59:30 am by NF »

adiosdeadgame

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2015, 02:24:08 am »
NF has a point

yams

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2015, 03:41:23 am »
Why are you entering a weekend tournament if you aren't available on the weekend?

Anyway, I'm not really interested in entering, so I don't really care what you do. But I think you would get more teams if you didn't have a bunch of unnecessary people crowding on one big team for a 2 day tourney.
As for not being available, shit happens, people have emergencies.  I can pretty much guarantee that I would be able to make most matches, but I'm not going to sit here and assure you that nothing will come up.  Also, just because my friend might not be able to make one of the matches on a single day, does that mean he shouldn't play with us for the other two?  I understand we could get a ringer but some people have a lot of complaints about ringers and there are a lot of restrictions in getting a ringer.  What if Sam's garbage internet goes out?  What if Bravo has a dentist emergency? What if Moscow gets kicked out of his home for peeing on the rug again? What if Sheriff Shade gets a call to go stop some bandits in the saloon?  Why take a forfeit loss or go through the hassle of finding a ringer the other team will approve of when we can just have the extra player on our team come in?

The current go-to number for tournaments is 6 man team limits, why would you alienate those last 1 or 2 players for the weekend tournament if they just want to play with/be designated subs for their team?  I feel like it's really optimistic to think more teams would be formed with 4-man roster limits, considering a lot of people signing up here only like to scrim/sign up for tournaments within their own small-ish groups of people (myself included).  I can't speak for everyone who is an additional signup, but I don't think my friends K3 or Error would sign up with another team if rosters were limited.  I don't really think limiting rosters is a legitimate way to get more team signups, just an unrealistic ideal.

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2015, 08:56:34 pm »
^ this is the best post ever

anyway i will retry this in may when my semester ends. most likely will be $80 for that tournament, so $20 per person on the winning team. im hoping to see some more impromptu teams instead of the same old same old too

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.