Author Topic: L4dNation Weekend Tourney Week 3 (8/29 - 8/31) Signups *$TBD Prize to Winner*  (Read 3993 times)

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
Signups for next week are officially open. Rules for this event can be found here in addition to the map selection by veto process. For the time being the pool will continue to contain the 5 L4D2 Standard Campaigns in addition to Dead Air and Death Toll. Anyway signups are now open, first 8 teams that post get to play: Teamname, Roster (max of 6) and steam id's / steam urls.

Brackets will be posted shortly after the first 8 teams signup and match times and results should also be posted here.

Like last week there will be a cash prize for this week's event. In addition to myself running things Fig will be helping and he will be making a post shortly about how things will be slightly modified. Something that was pointed out in the cast is the notion of not signing up because "purple and bravo are going to win anyway" and this was not my intention with the reboot of this. I would have hoped to see more pug / new teams. so while the format will still be the same for the winner, the ultimate goal is to provide more of a chance for people to play throughout the weekend if they so choose.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:14:33 pm by fig newtons »

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
Simply put: Swiss system.

Shade asked me to explain it briefly, for those who are still fuzzy. You'll be paired with teams that have the same score as you, but you're not eliminated if you lose. Everyone will play three matches if they want to. Think of it as similar to regular bracket, except it's triple elimination. That's swiss in a nutshell.

Yeah, if you lose you can't come back and win. But you can keep playing all 3 games if you want and get the experience. No more losing to purple in rd.1 and feeling like you wasted the effort of putting a team together; play a better matched game on day 2. Or don't. It's up to you.

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
But wait, what about the Finals Bracket?!?!?

Oh shit, this isn't the AST subforum. Carry on ;)
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

hib

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:07:23 pm by hib »

Bravo

• Hi
    • View Profile
Team Name: Cynistor ;)

Bravo (captain)
purple
asian
remix
sidewaysbox
sam

steam ids on the way mate!

adiosdeadgame

• View Profile
Gl this weekend. Wolfpack is taking a break from the weekend tournament for this week.

Rails

• Head Producer of Deadstops.
    • View Profile
Just realized: this post is titled week 2, but it should really be week 3, shouldn't it?
I look forward to this post being taken down so that you can continue running a corrupt system for a game that has less teams then I can count with one hand.

hib

• View Profile
yup, but shade did a minor mistake

Sam

• View Profile
yup, but shade did a minor mistake

made a minor mistake*

that's ironic :D

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
Fix'd

pinkdonutofDOOM

• View Profile
So is the tourney going to happen or no?

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.