Author Topic: Week 2 Brackets and Match Scheduling Thread  (Read 4203 times)

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
Week 2 Brackets and Match Scheduling Thread
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:46:02 pm »
Here are the week's brackets, this link will be updated accordingly. Teams are required to post their match times and results with a screenshot in this thread. Rules for this event can be found here in addition to the Map Vetoing Process. Rosters can be found here. Anyone interested in shoutcasting please contact me directly and as long as you have some sort of experience and can remain professional then you can work with our streamers. Good luck everyone!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:10:24 am by heriot »

3yebex

• All of the above!
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Week 2 Brackets and Match Scheduling Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:22:31 am »
I'll only be available between 10am - 3pm today (Friday). I believe Joe should be able to the entire day, so if he can't cover your game between 10am - 3pm I should be able to alternate. Just make sure the game doesn't go past 3:30...

MrDoodlebugs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 04:27:19 pm »
We're gonna try and get our match going in 30 minutes to an hour since we're playing against euros on short notice and they have to head to bed soon. Sorry for short notice.

Sancho

• View Profile

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 02:16:38 am »
Hi, just to clarify in the Bananas vs ABTGNE match there will be no administrative action taken regarding restarts. Not once but twice, team GNE got their tanks stuck (once with full health, and again with 3,000 health both in situations that ultimately decided the game) and then were ultimately kicked / killed. As you guys know I am merely recycling the rules from RBT which were also recycled from Fig's AST. While the chances of something like this happening even once are slim, with all things and rules considered, the opposing teams have no technical obligation to restart in such a scenario.

With that said, I just want to point out that while in this week there is a prize pool, I would like to think that people are enjoying the matches themselves. It is human nature to want to have something to look forward to, even if it is a small cash prize, but i would hope people are actually playing for the competitive experience. Despite losing, I can say that I have had a blast both watching and finally playing in one of these matches and everyone else has too.

Granted the infected player did get his tank stuck, but in scenarios like this, especially in close games, I would hope that teams would show some sportsmanship and not resort to winning because of a lack of a tank. The rules regarding ringers are the same, teams must both agree to use one. So team bananas, while you won the match and advanced I think you should reevaluate why you are playing if you would prefer to play 3v4 matches or not show sportsmanship and win in such a manner.

With that said, brackets have been updated. Look for Apollyon vs MoeLyfe and Banans vs Wolfpack today. Good luck and have fun everyone!

fig newtons

• View Profile
    • configs
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:57:54 am »
Hi, just to clarify in the Bananas vs ABTGNE match there will be no administrative action taken regarding restarts. Not once but twice, team GNE got their tanks stuck (once with full health, and again with 3,000 health both in situations that ultimately decided the game) and then were ultimately kicked / killed. As you guys know I am merely recycling the rules from RBT which were also recycled from Fig's AST. While the chances of something like this happening even once are slim, with all things and rules considered, the opposing teams have no technical obligation to restart in such a scenario.

Thanked for that part ;o

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 04:08:29 am »
Thanked for that part ;o
indeed, the part you cited is of course my decision as an administrator. the other two paragraphs are my personal opinion just as a player on the opposing team and a member of the community. for what its worth in that given situation when prompted with letting the team use a ringer as opposed to a 3v4 or when estoopi complained for a restart if i would like to believe that in addition to myself, most of the community would have granted a ringer until our 4th could have joined or consented to a restart, especially considering it was the first chapter and there literally was no tank which allowed them to get an extra ~350 points. at the end of the day, we are a small community and are all friends here so i would think it would be in the best interest to promote sportsmanship, but thats just my opinion.

estoopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:43 am »
Nice post heriot.

Sacking 2 tanks merely because of "glitches" in the campaign in hindsight was a good experience for me.  I've admined 3 tournaments so far and I'm about to co-admin a 4th and I've had to make hard calls in terms of whether or not rounds should be restarted when things like this happen.  Up until now, I've been making calls without ever being in the victim's shoes.

That being said, I don't know if we can come up with a ruleset for these situations, but it seems as though how it's been going is (which I'm ok with continueing):
1. If an admin is online at the moment, the admin should make his best judgement as to whether the round should be restarted. If the tank is chasing the survivors with 100%health+100%rage and he gets stuck in a rock, there would probably be a restart.  If the tank had 50%  health or less and was sent AI on purpose, there probably shouldn't be a restart...  I feel that in most situations there is a gut feeling you have about whether it was worth a restart or not.  The hard part as an admin is the flack you receive after the call is made.
2. If no admin is on, no call can be made and the victim is at the mercy of the opponents.

I have to remind myself of times such as my team's Carried Off game in EQ2 where team Sexy's tank jumped into the river on map 3.  Dragon and/or Visor were watching I'm pretty sure and made no call.   That's a bit closer to "map knowledge", but not far off.

BTW, thank you fig, psim, and heriot for being nice to me even when i sack the game ^_^
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:24:19 am by estoopi »

Artifacial

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 10:37:00 am »
A plugin could probably be developed to deal with these situations better tbh. Track survivor health, SI spawns, boss percentages, item spawns, and restart the round perfectly the same. if team going second get's glitched, plugin would restart the round, set scores for first team, spawn the second team just before the tank with the exact same health and kick on.

adiosdeadgame

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 04:14:20 pm »
Wolfpack vs. Bananas @ 10pm EST

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 09:18:43 pm »
moe4lyfe vs grizz's team at 8pst... maybe... if we have 4.

sinclair

• Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:30 am »
brackets are updated and signups for this week are open as well. look for Moe4Lyfe vs Wolfpack Tonight folks

adiosdeadgame

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »
Wolfpack vs. LSD - Monday August 25th 8pm EST

A dedicated community website to competitive L4D and L4D2, ran by the community, for the community. L4DNation supports all continents of play and focuses on bringing together the community as a whole to a central hub of information.